Saturday, June 14, 2008

Still waiting...

The St. Catharines Police Station is utterly useless. 

I am STILL waiting for my criminal background check. It's been about 3 weeks. 

I graduated on June 12. It was a good day for me and my family. I am glad it's finally over. Now I can focus on my real life endeavors, which at this point don't really amount to much. I'm just waiting to get everything in line for Korea. 

Here's what I have left to receive:

- Transcripts from Brock
- Criminal background check 

I have to send the following to them (pasted directly from an email from my recruiter):

- Original university diploma, which will be returned after visa processing (or notarized copy from the Korean Consulate ONLY)
- 1 set official transcript (Must be sealed and stamped or have signature along the seal line)
- 4 passport size photos
- A photocopy of the front pages of your passport (pages with photo and signature)
- A copy of resume
- Signed contract
- Criminal background check notarized from Korean Consulate or Embassy
- Health statement signed

Looks like that will be one full envelope. I was worried if the standard FedEx "pak" would be too small for my diploma, but it fits perfectly.

Well, that's all for today.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Do you already have a job or still looking? I'm planning to move over there sometime in late August but still searching for a job; however my background check came through in about 10 days (in Washington, DC).

It's definitely a tedious process--we don't even get our diplomas mailed until mid-July!