Monday, June 23, 2008

Frustration and Excitement

Well, I have all my documents that I need to send for my visa. However, just as I was going to send all my documents, neatly gathered in a FedEx Pak, I called the Korean consulate just to be sure I'm doing the right thing in terms of all the documents I have and whatnot.

Apparently I wasn't.

The criminal background check, which I had to drive around with all day to get notarized, must also be notarized or "verified" by the Korean consulate before it can be sent to the school in Korea. After the school receives the documents, they take them to immigration.

A little bump in the road, yes, but also an excuse to go to Toronto for a day.

So my documents will be sent out via FedEx on Thursday, as early as possible.

My recruiter said if things continue to go as smoothly as they have, I should be in Korea on or around the 14th.

No comments: