Saturday, May 24, 2008

First Post

Hello everyone,

I've decided to start this blog to catalog my experiences obtaining employment in the ESL field in Seoul, South Korea. 

So, let's start with a brief introduction.

My name is Mike. I am a 24 year old Canadian with a BA in Psychology, and a business diploma from Niagara College. I am very interested in culture, photography, and technology. I also have a love for the English language, and lucky for you, I love to write. 

I have just last week finished my TESL/TESOL certification through Oxford Seminars. If anyone is considering taking the course, I would highly recommend it. 

So, while I am waiting to graduate (June 12), I have been applying for jobs in Seoul. My main resource is:

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobs/korea

I am waiting on Oxford to email me some job postings, which is supposed to happen soon. 

Going to Korea, I have a few things that I must have in order to feel comfortable. These are:

- A decent apartment. I'm not looking for anything crazy. I just want a semi-spacious apartment with decent space to keep my things.

- A North American toilet. This is pretty essential. I am excited to try a traditional Korean toilet, but I don't want one in my apartment.

- An apartment within walking distance to my school.

- Close to a subway or bus.

More to come...

No comments: