Saturday, May 31, 2008

Interviews

I just got an email from a recruiter from SeoulESL. 

I have a phone interview with a school tomorrow night around 10pm. The job is pretty nice. It's located in Gangnam-gu. Pay starts at 2.1 million won per month. I won't mention any names, but it's with a fairly reputable school. 

I also have another interview on Monday night around the same time. I will keep updating this blog as the interviews progress.

A key thing that I didn't mention is that there is an awesome Facebook group called ESL Teachers in Korea that has helped me a lot with my search. There are many people in this group who are eager to answer questions about their experience in Korea. I heard great things about one of the schools I have an interview with from a member of this group.

Another thing I should mention... The more people you know in your host city, the better. I am lucky enough to have 4 years of experience as a conversation partner in Brock University's Intensive English Language Program (IELP). I've been able to meet many people from all over Asia, especially China and Korea. I have 4 or 5 contacts in Seoul, who are all aware of my plans to come there, and who are all willing to help me, just as I helped them when they were in Canada.

Well, that's all for now. I can say so far that I recommend SeoulESL as a good recruitment agency... so far... I won't know for sure how good they are until I arrive in Seoul and take a look at the school and my apartment. 


No comments: