Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Visa approved (so far), arranging interview

My recruiter emailed me tonight to inform me that my visa has so far been approved. She gave me a confirmation number and instructions on how to arrange an interview at the Korean consulate. It's kind of crazy that no matter where you're from, you need to visit the Korean consulate in Toronto for an interview.

It doesn't matter to me though, because I live about 1.5 hours from Toronto. But if I were from BC or Nova Scotia, I'd be pretty screwed.

Here's what is required for my interview:

1. One completed visa application form attached
2. One recent passport-type colour photo (3.5*4.5 size, white background)
3. Original and a photocopy of passport (remaining validity of at least 6 months)
4. Cdn $55.00 visa fee (Cash or Money Order Only)
5. Additional items required for this type of visa:
6. Visa issuance confirmation number (Clearly stated on the bottom of the visa application form
7. Sealed university transcript

I will be calling the Korean consulate tomorrow morning to arrange an interview.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: