Thursday, July 24, 2008

Delays

Well, the Korean Consulate in Toronto didn't have my visa ready. Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe that you're told if it sounds ridiculously good.

I was told that I would be leaving this Saturday, July 26th. I got a call while watching The Dark Knight (good movie by the way) that I would be leaving NEXT Friday. This is because the school will be on vacation next week, and they don't want me alone in a city of 26,000,000 people. This is understandable, and I feel it is a demonstration of how much the school actually cares about me. By all means, they could have just had me arrive alone and figure things out for myself.

The director and my recruiter will meet me at the airport on Saturday around 4pm Seoul time, which is 3am Canadian time. I hope my first impression on them isn't so bad. I will look like a train wreck coming off the plane after 17 hours of travel.

By the way, when I finally arrive in Korea, I will be posting at: http://mikeinkorea.wordpress.com/

The purpose of this blog is to inform those who are looking to teach in Korea, and are curious about the process one must go through to get a job and a visa.

No comments: